The world of internet marketing lies at the ruthless hands of the frighteningly powerful search engine giants. You know who they are- Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, MSN, Alta Vista… and the list goes on. These ever-evolving, ever-improving man-eating machines possess the power of a fearsome deity when it comes to determining whether your site will be found in a search or whether anyone will ever even see it. As these search engines continue to redefine themselves, strengthen their content standards, and intensify their criteria, there are some very important laws to follow that will land you in good graces in the world of SEO.
1. Create desirable content that people will want to pass on
2. Design a site that is aesthetically appealing and easy to figure out
3. Be certain that spiders can parse all of the info contained within your site
4. Limit all actions on your site to as few clicks as possible (the simpler the better)
5. Use keywords cautiously and effectively
If you allow these five essential rules to be your guidelines for site development, your results will be effective SEO. Now that you know what to do… ready, set, optimize!