Some people blog for fun, some do it to promote their business while others do it to make an income. Blogging can be a great way to earn some extra income. You can either make money from your blog directly or by offering a service.
A few ways to make money from your blog:
1. Place ads: You can place ads on your blog and make some money from it directly. These can be PPC ads, affiliate links, newsletter ads, or any other kind of ads.
2. Offer a service: You could offer a service which is relevant to the topic you blog about. For example if you blog about social media you could offer a social media marketing service.
3. Speak: You could offer a speaking service on the subject you blog about. People love to have experienced speakers speak at their events. If you’re an expert at a very popular subject it could lead to a lot of speaking opportunities. Speaking at events can be a great source of income and it could lead to better opportunities.
4. Sell a product: You could use the platform you build through your blog to sell relevant products. An example of a blog taking advantage of this is Copyblogger. On Copyblogger they publish articles on copywriting, writing, blogging etc. Using the platform they have built through publishing all this free content they sell tools which can help enhance your wordpress blog. You can do the same thing by creating products which are relevant to the subject you blog about.
5. Sell an ebook: Some blogs make high amounts of income by publishing ebooks. When you have already built an audience around a subject you blog on, the best way to make some money is to write an ebook on that subject and sell it. This can help you generate a lot of money. A blog that takes advantage of this and sells several ebooks is Problogger.
These are a few ways in which you can make a good income blogging.
Do you make a good income from your blog? Have you got some tips you would like to share with us? Please leave your comments in the comments box below.