There are many ways through which you can generate traffic to your business website, but by far blogging is among the best methods to do it for free. Just by sharing your thoughts regularly through a blog, you can start increasing your fan base within a targeted niche and give your products and services massive exposure.
Here are some steps on how to increase your website traffic through blogging:
1. Install blog software on your website through your hosting control panel. If you have your own domain name and web hosting provider, it is easy to install a third party blog platform on your website. This may sound a little bit technical but it is not. For example, if you are using Hostgator for your web hosting, there is an option for you to install a WordPress blog on your site for free. The WordPress blog will then be hosted on a dedicated folder within your website, and you can smoothly guide your online visitors to the blog through your home page.
2. Start posting valuable content on your blog. Initially, after your blog is created, what you need to do is publish some content on it to get the ball rolling. The recommended amount is at least three to five blog posts before you start promoting your blog. You have the liberty to do the actual writing on your own, or you can outsource the entire project to an experienced blogger who understands your niche or industry. Make sure that you prioritize writing for your audience instead of the search engines.
3. Bookmark and share your blog posts on social sites. After your blog has its initial set of blog posts, start generating some traffic by sharing your blog post links on social networking and bookmarking sites. Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Linked In, are just some of the big social networking platforms where you can easily reach people when you post. When you socially bookmark your blog posts, you will not just be able to spread the word to hundreds of people, but you will also be able to alert the search engines regarding your fresh content.
4. Give your blog readers an easy way to subscribe. When you promote and maintain a blog, your goal is not just to gain one-time readers. Rather, your aim is to generate subscribers who will regularly visit each time you post new content. Readers can subscribe through your blog’s RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication feeds). These are simple widgets naturally built within your blog that gives readers easy access to your most recent content either through their online browser or email address.
5. Exchange guest posts with other bloggers within your niche. If you want to gain a bigger share of the pie of internet traffic within your specific industry, team up with bloggers in your niche for guest posting agreements. The easiest way to do this is to contact those bloggers via email or telephone and try to negotiate the terms on how you can make a guest post on their blog and promote your website links. Looking for guest posting prospects on an on-going basis is a great way to increase your traffic and become an authority in your niche as well.
On the other hand, if you do not have your own website yet, you can still start a blog by opening an account in WordPress, Blogger, Typepad, or any other free blogging platform.